Media Liability Insurance
Media and entertainment companies such as publishers, broadcaster, producers, bloggers, vloggers and podcasters have an ever-growing range of serious media liability exposure.
Any company can have exposure to media risks if they have a website or communicate information in any way. Regardless of the type of business you operate, a media liability lawsuit can cause financial and reputational damage to your company.
Daigle and Travers can offer you a media liability insurance policy that is designed to protect your business against lawsuits alleging: Defamation, Invasion of Privacy, Emotional Distress, Copyright and Trademark Infringement, Misappropriation and Advertising E&O.
Who needs media liability insurance?
- Broadcasters (radio, television, cable)
- Publishers (magazines, newspapers or periodicals)
- Authors (books, magazines, newspapers or periodicals)
- Mom bloggers
- Internet and new media content producers
- Video / film producers and distributors
- Pre and post production companies
- Individuals conducting personal appearances
- Non-media companies who publish advertising or other content
You should note that even if there is no fault on a business’ part, it will still assume extensive debt. Defense and settlement costs for a media liability case can quickly escalate to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
For more information or to request an application for this coverage, please reach out to one of our experts at Daigle & Travers Insurance.